Thursday 1 May 2008

May Birdwatch

Robin 1
Wood pigeon 4
Dunnock 2
Blue tit 1
House sparrow 2
Starling 2
Chaffinch - male 1
Blackbird - male 2
Crow 1

There are also swallows swooping overhead, hoovering up the insects. Starlings are nesting in the eaves, and busy flying backwards and forwards with food. If I go up into the loft I can hear the baby starlings cheeping - feed me, feed me, feed me.!

Book Reviews
Grief Encounters by Stuart Pawson
I always enjoy reading a Stuart Pawson crime novel. He has a light touch and his sense of humour appeals to me. His creation DI Charlie Priest is a likeable character.

The Secret Hangman by Peter Lovesey
Peter Lovesey is another author that I enjoy. The Peter Diamond novels are set in Bath, a city I know quite well, which always helps. This book was quite grizzly, with a serial hangman leaving bodies in well known tourist attractions in the city. I thought the plot was a little over contrived.

No comments: