Friday 20 March 2015

Clear Skies Over Fife

Woke up to sunshine in Lundin Links this morning and that meant a great view of the solar eclipse at around 9.30am. Tried taking photos which didn't really work as I didn't have a suitable filter. Since it's dangerous to look at the sun I was just pointing the camera in the general direction. When I first put the photos on to the computer screen I thought they were all useless but then on a few of the photos I noticed a second image of the sun which showed the eclipse quite well (except that it's a mirror image). I have no idea how that occurred, presumably some quirk of the camera lens. There must be a rational scientific explanation.
 Inadvertently caught a bird flying past in the shot.
 Cropped the photo to show the second image.
 A slightly later photo and again the appearance of a second image.

At the height of the eclipse, roughly 95% at about 9.35am, the sky was an eerie bluish grey.

No comments: