Friday 11 May 2012

Torosay - Past Memories

Isle of Mull Railway. Craignure Station.
Pure nostalgia for past visits to Torosay prompted me to look through some old photograph albums (non-digital!). I scanned in the best of those of those that I found.

The narrow guage railway was one and a quarter miles long and operated steam and diesel hauled trains to Torosay. Nothing stays the same for ever but it's such a shame that it has closed and that future visitors to Mull won't be able to have the same experience.

Trains passing.
 Torosay Station.
The Japanese Garden at Torosay when it was at its best.
Looking over the Japanese Garden to Duart Castle.

1 comment:

Katie C said...

Hello, thank you for your blog post! I'm currently researching Japanese gardens in the UK and so it was really useful to find your pic of Torosay Japanese garden. I've used it (with credit to you) to post on instagram - @theadventuringgardener. I don't suppose you know what year it was taken do you? Thank you so much